Covid-19 Update – 2021
Given the latest lockdown restrictions and government and RCVS advice to reduce non-essential travel and contacts, we are currently having to reduce some of the services we offer.
We are still here 24 hours a day to see our registered client’s sick and injured pets.
- We are still carrying out socially distant consultations, mainly outside so please call or speak to a member of staff in the car park to let us know you have arrived for your appointment.
- We are still able to provide essential preventative health care such as vaccinations.
- We are unable to offer house visits at this time.
- If you have an urgent medical question, please telephone the practice rather than sending an email as the emails are not constantly monitored.
- Presently we are having to postpone most VIP consultations unless the pet requires a prescription check for long-term medication for a chronic condition.
- We may wish to carry out a telephone consultation if deemed appropriate. These carry a normal consultation charge.
- We may ask if you can weigh your pets at home prior to dispensing some medications such as flea and wormers to reduce the need to visit the practice.
Staff can advise on ways this can be achieved.
- Pre-ordered medication and food can be collected from outside the building. Again, please call/speak to a member of staff to let us know you have arrived.
- Payments will be taken by contactless methods whenever possible. We would like to thank our clients for their understanding and patience during the pandemic.
We are working hard to try and maintain our high quality and efficient service but please be aware that waiting times for appointments, repeat prescriptions, and for telephone reports are likely to be increased. This is due to the time-consuming procedures we have to follow between consultations to keep staff and clients safe. In addition, we are often working with reduced staff numbers, often at short-notice as staff self-isolate due to Covid. We understand that this may be frustrating, but our staff are here to help, and aggressive behaviour or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
Thank you again for your support and please stay safe.