The aim of the club is to provide cost effective access to veterinary advice and services to support your enterprise. We would like to offer pro-active planning and performance enhancing services rather than fire brigade sorting of disasters after they have happened. We believe this is a much more effective use of our services and much more beneficial to you. We appreciate that veterinary input is perceived as costly – which it is if we are dealing with problems once they have occurred. We would love to be able to provide a cost effective advisory service. Hence the introduction of Lanes Vets Flock Health Club.
Benefits of the Flock Health Club:
- One free farm visit per year
- Creation of a working flock health plan throughout year suitable for Red Tractor, FABBL etc
- Access to costings software and support
- Spreading cost of veterinary input over the year
- 4 free faecal worm egg counts / year (discounted price for additional)
- Quarterly meetings to cover topical issues including expert speakers
- Discussion forum
- Buying group opportunity
- A chance to discuss your successes / failures / concerns with other farmers & vets
- Cost effective veterinary advice
- Qualification for our loyalty scheme for discounted work fees for all other work.
The aim of the quarterly meetings is to cover relevant issues for the upcoming season including health issues, performance targets and creation of a working Red Tractor flock health plan. As a member of the club you will be able to request topics to cover. Topics we have covered so far include ewe nutrition and meeting lamb market demands, worming strategies and resistance, factors affecting lamb growth rates and lameness control. Quite a lot to be getting on with!
Membership is £20 per month. Benefits are dependent on monthly balances being paid in full within 30 days of invoicing.
Interested or queries? Please don’t hesitate to contact Janet or Helen on 01995 602468.